When you pick a friend, each one will have a different cultural music playing in the background. They will only make two recipes from their respective countries.
There are 10 friends in a total for 20 prizes."Spanish Friend" cooks Paella and Tortilla. She is pale skinned girl with long curly hair and brown eyes wears a red Spanish dress with orange ruffles.
In the American version of the game, she is replaced with a boy who also have short, platinum blond hair and blue eyes. He wears a tan ushanka, a blue winter coat with tan trim, and tan boots.
"Japanese Friend" makes Rice Cake and Sushi. She is a light-skinned girl with medium-size hair with brushed bands in each side and brown eyes, She wears a pink shirt,red skirt with straps,pink socks, red shoes and a red clip on the right side of her hair."French Friend" makes Brochette and Meatloaf. She has flipped grayish hair and green eyes. She wear a white dress, a red scarf, blue glasses with white frames, and blue shoes.
"American Friend" makes Hot Dog and Cake. She has blonde hair with ponytail and blue eyes. She wears a white shirt with a red vest, blue pants, white boots, and a red bow on her hair. The back of her head reveals a cowboy hat.
In the American version of the game, she is replaced with a boy who also have blond hair and blue eyes. He wears a pair of round glasses with red frames, a red-white striped shirt, blue shorts, white socks, and blue sneakers.
"German Friend" makes Truffles and Salisbury Steak. She has shoulder length hair that covers her eyes. She wears a yellow trench coat with a red belt over a black shirt and a red tie. She also wears red pants, black shoes, and a lopsided yellow hat.
In the American version of the game, she is replaced with a boy who has wavy, gray hair and brown eyes. He wears a black suit over a yellow collared shirt with a red bowtie. He also wears red pants and black shoes.
The first set of prizes are golden cookware. They are given after winning a challenge against a friend for the first time.
- Spanish Friend: Golden Paella Pan
- Russian Friend: Golden Ladle
- Japanese Friend: Golden Ice Shaver
- French Friend: Golden Skillet
- English Friend: Golden Meat Grinder
- American Friend: Golden Serving Fork, Knife, and Spoon
- German Friend: Golden Cutting Knife
- Italian Friend: Golden Pasta Maker
- Chinese Friend: Golden Wok
- Indian Friend: Golden Pot
- Silver Mama Trophy (This item is obtainable only after playing against each friend once)
The second set are consolation prizes that is featured in the Manage Room section of Settings. Unfortunately, these items can't be changed or interacted with. These items can only be given after winning all 2 challenges with a friend or losing for the first time playing against a friend.
- Spanish Friend: Mama wall picture
- Russian Friend: Flower pot
- Japanese Friend: Mama plates (1st set)
- French Friend: Mama and Friends photo
- English Friend: Mama doll/figurine
- American Friend: Mama clock
- German Friend: Mama, Papa, and Ichigo family picture
- Italian Friend: Cooking utensils
- Chinese Friend: Mama plates (2nd set)
- Indian Friend: Mama tea set
- Golden Mama Trophy (This item is obtainable after clearing all recipes with a gold medal with each friend)
- Some of the friends appear again in Cooking Mama: World Kitchen and other games
- The friends speak there own foreign language with the exception of the English and American friend, who both speak English.